Pages


My Life Verse

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tentative Ghana Itinerary

Tentative Ghana Itinerary:

*John, Tara’s husband, from Ghana said that Ghana is the SAFEST country in Ghana. People in other countries in Africa actually retreat to Ghana because it is so safe and peaceful. Dora also said that Ghana is very safe.

Contact-EMERGENCIES only: (while team is in Ghana)
Sandy Riner, Vista Assembly of God
760-724-7099

June 17-June 29: Team will be travel from LAX to NY and NY to Accra, Ghana. From Accra, we will travel to Kpando, our final destination. We will be staying at a hotel nearby the Orphanage. Kpando is about 3-4 hours away from Accra, to my understanding. Over the course of two weeks, the team will be working closely with Ryvanz-Mia Orphanage. (P.O. Box 161, Kpando, Ghana, Volta Region, Ghana, West Africa) We will teach the Fruit of the Spirit Vacation Bible School here. We will also be doing Bible Distributions to different villages, where we will pass out the Talking Bibles to the poorest of the poor and the least educated and hang out with the children at the distributions. We will be visiting a Hospital to pray for the sick to be healed.  This is a tentative schedule because Missions Trips are all about flexibility.

June 29-August 25: I do not know exact dates, but here are some things I have planned that God has put together and/or Becka has set up for us:
-June 18-28: Cross Connection Ghana Trip (All expenses already covered)
-June 29-July 10: Western Region of Ghana to work with FL Faith Child Orphanage (travel-$20, food/lodging $120)
-July 11-24: Return to Kpando: Work in schools or other volunteer placements (Food/lodging $100/wk)
-July 24: Accra to pick up Sam from Airport: Visit the children of a KG/lower primary school
-July 25-August 25: Work in Kpando (Food/lodging $100/wk)
-August 24: Head back to Accra, return to States (travel $5)
-Possibly at End of July: Visit Cape Coast for Panafest (Celebration of last American Slave trade) and see the slave castles and so forth. ($150.00/wk)
-Visit Dora’s Family: Dora is a woman I met at Vista Assembly of God. She was born and raised in Accra. Becka and I plan to visit her brother and niece for a few days at least, maybe one week. He will host us. Dora has been such a blessing to me and our team so I want to bless her family in return by visiting them and spending time with them.
-Visit Promise Land Ranch School: This is the only tuition free Christian School in Ghana. I met the founders of the School, Tara and John Essien. John is from Ghana. They live in the States. Tara has given me money to pay for Becka and I to stay at a nearby hotel so that we can spend time at Promise Land Ranch and with the staff and students. I met Tara and John via some friends who attend the same church as them San Diego Christian Center in Escondido.

Contacts in Ghana:
1. Dora’s Brother(Dora is who I met at Vista Assembly of God): Nsiah Akutteh
-He is an attorney
-His cell # is: (0244) 260-494 (You dial the 0 inside Ghana)
-His email address: nsiahakutteh@ghana.com
His Daughter: Teki 0244-099-541, tekiahkutteh@yahoo.com

2. Bashiru (Bash), Project Manager/Chief Financial Advisor/Director of Promise Land Ranch
-John and Tara Essien are the contacts in USA, founders of Promise Land Ranch (email is qstnlil@aol.com) John is from Ghana. This couple lives in Escondido. Tara’s cell # is (619-894-0797) if you have any questions feel free to contact them.
-Promise Land Ranch School is located in a seaside, fishing village named Prampram. The nearest, largest city is Tema. Prampram is about a 10 min drive from Tema.
-My plan is to visit this school and meet the students and teaching staff. Tara said she has spoken to Bash and he is expecting me. The hotel she stays in nearby is called SeaLane Hotel. (http:www.sealanehotel.com) She said we Becka and I can share an air conditioned room for $20.00 each night. Most of the staff there as well as the owner know Tara and John.
-After meeting Tara and John here, they offered and paid me for Becka and I to stay in Prampram and spend time at Promise Land Ranch and with the staff. The staff will show us around town, too.

3. Frank Adinkrah (Danielle Parker, a friend from my old Lifegroup, friend who used to live here but moved back to Ghana and is originally from Ghana) I can contact him if I need anything when I’m there. He has offered to help me with anything I need when I am in Ghana. He lived in the US for a short time a few years ago. He lives in Accra, now.
- Frankadinkrah@yahoo.com

4. Harley Phillips, chief in Ghana (He is my friend Kristina’s patient. I know her from the Movement. She gave me his contact info because he has contacts there) He is the chief in the Volta Region, which is near Kpando and has two villages there. If I hear back from him, I may visit his contacts there.
-African Angels Foundation
-www.africanangelsfoundation.org

5. BECKA Birman, the friend I will be living with in Kpando:
-Cell #: 011233200803327



No comments:

Post a Comment