Pages


My Life Verse

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, June 10, 2011

Resting in His Presence.

This morning I woke up feeling a little anxious. There is too much to do and not enough time. It all comes to mind and I don't know where to start and it can be overwhelming, if I let it. I opened my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young, and yet again, the timing and words from God were right on target. Hope this encourages you and helps you to Rest in His Presence today.

REST IN ME, MY CHILD. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My child! Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day.

Scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Psalm 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment