Pages


My Life Verse

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, January 10, 2011

Morning Devotional for 1-10-11

Good morning, my friends! :) Here are some things that the Lord has shown me this morning in my time with Him as well as things I learned from the sermons I heard yesterday at the two churches I attended.

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD. Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn." Isaiah 51:1

Here is the commentary from Joel Osteen:

We produce what we continually keep in front of us. If you focus on an image of success in your mind, you're going to move forward in success, but if you see yourself as barely getting by, your marriage getting worse, your health going downhill, then most likely your life will gravitate toward those negative situations. Your vision, what you see, has a tremendous impact on your life. We need to quit allowing our imaginations to keep us beaten down. Instead, let's start allowing God to use our imaginations to build us up. In other words, keep your goals you want to see come to pass in front of you. That image will set the limits for your life.

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9
  • Is your heart fully committed to Him? If so, do you believe that He's strengthening you? We must believe this because it is a truth directly from God in His word. Let's remember that if we are pursuing Him and doing so wholeheartedly, He will strengthen us.
  • Did you know that Satan does the same thing as this scripture, but for an opposite purpose? Keep that in mind while you are pursuing Him.
Job suffered simply because God allowed it. Why do we suffer?
  1. That God might do a work and be glorified (John 9:1-3)
  2. To make us compassionate toward others (2 Corinthians 1:5)
  3. To lead us to maturity (James 1:2-3)
  4. As a consequence of sin (Deuteronomy 28 & Galations 6)
*The best God has for us is always forward.
*We have the ability to tell Satan "You have NO power" because of God's power.
*The same God that created your heart is the same God that can change your heart.
*Spiritual maturity=obedience

Lyrics from worship set:

Set a fire down in my soul that I can't contain that I can't control.
I want more of you God, I want more of you.
There's no place I'd rather be than here in your love.


Love came down, rescued me
Love came down, set me free
I am Yours, I am forever Yours
Mountain high or valley low,
I sing out, Remind my soul that
I am Yours, I am forever Yours

*I pray that today each of you take time to pursue Him by reading this blog and putting into action any of the above or that you are able to pursue Him on your own at some point today. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment