Pages


My Life Verse

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Belated Friday Flashback

I intended to blog much more often than I've been able to. Since I have less time, I've decided that the Friday Flashback can be a short, brief (if that's possible for me) ;) flashback of the highs and lows of my week. I'll mention any teaching moments I had or anything that really stood out to me, instead of writing about each and every day.

Highs:
-Monday and Friday were great days. I was filled with His prescence and anxiety-free, focused only on the day.
-Monday God confirmed to me through friends that it is okay to move ahead into new things if God is calling me somewhere new, that they understand and support me.
-God spoke to me multiple times through my devotional this week. Almost everything was dead on to what I've been experiencing.
-I found out this week that I'm going back to Africa again, this time to a new country (Ghana) with CCO but connecting with an Orphanage and doing VBS with children. (My team was put on hold and leaders were praying for direction)
-I won a speed monopoly tournament and got $100 to BJ's Restaurant
-I got to do what I love on Friday-> sit at a coffee shop, enjoy a beverage, read, and journal.
-I got to have dinner with my amazing mentor, Andria, on Thursday night.
-Kid Sing for K-2 at school. There's something about kids and singing that melts my heart. I just wonder why God didn't give me a good voice. :) haha.

Lows:
-Tuesday-Thursday were difficult days at "work" student teaching because I was tired and not filled with His prescence.
-Anxiety/Stress is still very present in my life.
-I syllibicated a word incorrectly in front of the students one day and they called me out. I was pretty embarrassed but just said "Miss Elder really needs to brush up on her syllibication skills" and learned how to ensure I was correct with the rest of the vocabulary words.
-I'm still itchy and whenever I itch somewhere, they turn into bruises. (I've had it before, I think it's stress related) I may try to go to the doctor soon since it hasn't gone away.

This week, here are my goals:
-Try to get to bed earlier again.
-Get a few Africa support letters done each day.
-Pray more.
-Exercise.
-Give my anxieties to God, the first time.
-Ask Him how to use my time each day after work and be obedient to what He tells me.

Remember to Pursue Him this week, every chance you get, with all that you have.

"Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always." Psalm 105:4

No comments:

Post a Comment