Pages


My Life Verse

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's all about Him

I want to start off by stating my purpose in creating this blog. It is not about me...it is about what God is doing in my life. My goal is for you to read it and be encouraged by it. I hope that it brings you encouragement to walk out the life that God has called you to and find purpose in Him. I pray that my life and this blog can be an example to you of what it means to be a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. Ultimately, my desire is to bring glory to God through this by using me as a light to you about what it means to Pursue Him.


That being said, I decided not to delete my facebook after all because I can post links to my new blog on there and still have the ability to see what people are up to when I want to. I learned over the past couple of days that I don't need to be on it as much as I was, and that God can take away my desire to even go on facebook. The Lord gave me the idea of starting a blog because it gives me an opportunity to write more (for those of you who really know me, you know how much I love to talk and write ;) ) and also the ability to share what God is doing in my life.


I have titled this blog Pursuing Him because I believe that is what we are called to do as believers. Him is another way of saying God for those of you who are unfamiliar with that. :) Whenever I use a capital "H" instead of lowercase "h" I am referring to God, not a guy. God has revealed to me how important it is to Pursue Him everyday. He continues to tell me that I need to rely on Him and trust Him with everything, that He even wants to be involved in the the simple things. For those of you who don't know God or have a relationship with Him, He wants to be a part of your life. He loves it when we come to Him in prayer about everything and include Him in every aspect of our lives. And, when I pursue Him wholeheartedly, I notice a difference in my life- a good difference, of course. Fruits of the Spirit are evident and I notice I am more of who God created me to be- joyful and smiley. I say this because my mom told me that I have been smiling since I was born, and most of you know that I love to smile...so of course it musta been the way God created me to be.  :) I encourage you to pursue Him today...maybe it means stopping what you are doing and sitting at His feet. Maybe it means acknowledging His presence in your life. Maybe it means asking Him to help you with something. Maybe it means asking for forgiveness and moving forward. Maybe it means thanking Him for something. Whatever it is, I encourage you to pursue Him through prayer, opening the Bible and reading His word, or however you need to.

2 comments:

  1. Katie-welcome to the world of blogging. It is amazing how much it can change your life! You will be so blessed by it. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    SO proud of your growth. I've seen God do AMAZING things in your life since the summer of 2008 and I look forward to following your journey as you pursue... Him and are pursued by him ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete